- Essentialist explanations of language and linguistics, e.g. English is essentially bad Dutch with outrageously pronounced French and Latin vocabulary. – Eugene Holman.
- The Chaos, a poem by Charivarius. Also see this partial IPA transcription in British and American English.
- The Awful German Language by Mark Twain. Ah the poor Fishwife, it is stuck fast in the Mire.
- Speculative Grammarian is the one and only journal of satirical linguistics. I’m very fond of their Cartoon Theories of Linguistics series. And anyone who’s thinking of majoring in linguistics should try Choose Your Own Career in Linguistics first.
- Beatrice Santorini’s Linguistic Humor supplied some of the links above, but has much much more.
- Language Log is the king of linguistics blogs.
- J.C. Wells’ phonetic blog. Wells is the world authority on English pronunciation and author of The Longman Pronunciation Dictionary. He blogs delightfully on such topics as merry Mary and hairy Harry.